Friday 25 July 2014

Compilation of Inspiration and Creation

I came across a lot of inspirational stuff lately, all in the ZARA HOME shop. I love the style of their products - it has a dash of style, but it stays practical! Here are a few items that triggered me!


fancy drink coasters
There was just one whole bin of coasters filled with beautiful pieces. I photographed these three. The first one is very simple, yet not... It's got this kind of relievo, which makes it feel funny. This should blend perfectly in every interior. It has an exotic side, a stylish, a simple, a sophisticated and a minimalistic side.
The second one is made of gold and pearl, which looks amazingly different everytime you change position and lighting. I wanted to show you guys this effect, so I experimented a little. I hope you can see the variety of the material. It looks super stylish and sophisticated!
The third one makes me feel like home (Holland), because of the delftware. I love the color blue. But.... this could also be a link for people to Chinese porcelain.


This artsy fartsy pillow immediately made me think of another DIY project. With a little fabric paint you can make your own piece of art on a pillow. It'll probably not be as beautiful as this one from ZARA, but well... at least we can try, right? If you just want this one, here's the site.



I find these door knobs amazing. I have an all white closet, but it's still missing door knobs. Again, there was a full bin of door knobs, each styled perfectly by ZARA. Maybe for a DIY project, you could carve something out of wood or clay! If you just want this awesome pair, here it is!



Isn't this awesome? It's nothing like the modern and minimalistic funiture and interior nowadays. That's what I think is so beautiful about it, it's imperfect. Also, every piece is different. Get it now.


At first sight, I thought this stone-ish tablets were supposed to be used as some kind of chalkboard - something I'd use to style up dinner for friends or family with the 'Menu du Jour' written on it. Unfortunately, that's not the use of it! I added the chalk on the picture with Paint on my laptop, hahaha don't tell anyone... My father laughed at me when I asked what it was. Turns out these awesome looking tablets are coasters... I would use it as a chalkboard rather than as a coaster, but oh well, both will look fabulous.



I came across a wall of really cute hangers. They were all covered in fabric or flowers - fun DIY for a lazy day. Buy some fabric at the market or the fabric store and cover up your hangers. The fabric stops your cloths from slipping off the hanger!
This reminded me of my own little, cute hanger in my room. I'm kind of obsessed with labels of the shops I go to. Most of them were attached to the cloths I bought. If they look cute - 9 out of 10 times they do - I hang them on my hanger, as seen on the left and the right. This is easily done at home as a DIY project. It immediately brightens up the room!



This shiny, gold accessory of a Scarabee was so striking that it caught my eye, the moment I walked by. I love the Egyptian history and all its legends, myths and more. The Scarabee perfectly fits the picture. I looked at the online shop of ZARA, but I couldn't find it anymore - which I think is strange since I saw it at the shop like 4 days ago - so I can only give you the link of other (also gorgeous) little pieces of art.
Speaking of art..... this accessory made me think of a drawing I made some time ago!




It's so big it doesn't quite fit the page, but I want to show you guys this in every little detail. Just click on the picture to see it fullscreen! The Scarabee in my drawing is inspired on a tattoo of the great Dr. Woo. Go look up his instagram!

New DIY's and art are coming up in the next few days! Stay tuned! Let me know if you want to know anything about my art!

Much love, Yasmae.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write down that opinion, whoooo!