Friday 8 August 2014

I ain't got the pennies but I got the pencils

So, like the title says: I can't really afford clothes... Haha how lame does that sound? It's not even that weird, I have a lot to save for! A new laptop and 3 vacations next year! Seems legit, right? Everytime I see something goooorgeous in a shop and I can't afford it, my heart breaks into thousand little pieces. But, it needs to be said that journeys are the only thing that cost money, but make you richer. So I definitely hope my trips and journeys of next year will bring some great experiences and discoveries!

In the meantime, I just sketch the clothes I love. Some are inspired by stuff I see at stores, others are just creations of my fantasy.

Here are just some examples!


ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ON THE DRAWINGS


This dress is basically to wear when you stroll down the boulevard, after a day at the beach. You just put the dress right over your bikini or bathing suit and put a jacket on top if it when the wind makes it a little too cold. Of course I've drawn a beach bag to match it with, haha.




This is also wearable on the boulevard, but in mind I had a day in the park. You know, just for a picnic or to chill out with friends, food and music! For such practical things as going to the park, you need to think simple. Don't put on something that fits too tight or is just plain uncomfortable. You come to the park to relax. Wear something you can totally relax in.




I personally loooooooooove this outfit. The colors are so vibrant! I really wish I had the money to buy something like this, or the skills to sew it myself! But sadly enough, I don't own both. Well, we can always dream 'n draw! So, I created something to wear every day. In the city, at a (cocktail) party, at work, at school, etcetera etcetera. These colors are really striking, especially in this combination. It fits summer because in summer everything comes to life and becomes vibrant, but it would also fit winter, juuuuust because I love to stand out when everyone's dressed pretty boring.




I combined four things in here:

  • matching top and bottom 
    • I love this so much because it always looks happy and it's never a miss-match. It couldn't really go wrong. But... it's not to 'play it safe', you really stand out with these kind of things!
  • metallic
    • I do not own anything of this trend, really. I think it's made for skinny people. Since I'm not really that skinny, you won't see me wearing it. For example: when you wear metallic pants, your legs tend to look bigger than they are. My legs are sort of my insecurity-area, so that's why I would only love to own a metallic little purse.
  • graphic prints
    • this is something I always find so modern and bold. I love how the print itself can look so messy, but at the same time structured.
  • color-combi
    • pink and blue are colors I love to see combined. They really bring out the best in each other, from my point of view. 
To match the metallic and graphic shit, I gave the model a white coupe. I actually really love it, but I'd never go for white hair myself - unless it's a wig and I don't run into anybody I know!




Although many people say it's ugly and should be forbidden by the laws of fashion, I absolutely love the denim on denim look! I made this look a little rough by cut off shorts, bedazzled with studs and a top that also looks kinda grunchy. The bandana on her head just finishes the biker-girl-look!



The golden girl. I think the combination of gold and denim should be worn waaaaayyy more often. It's 'high class' meets 'affordable'. I gave her high heel black boots because I really really love this trend! I see so many different types of these shoes, but they all have one thing in common: I CAN'T AFFORD IT. I think I'll just wait my turn - which means I'll finally get to wear them in like 5 years haha.




I'd love to own a dress that fits perrrrrfectly and that I could wear to all kind of parties! Blue and purple are colors I find stylish and classy, but fun! The dress is flowy, which means it won't fit too tight, but at the same time not too wide so that you're suddenly looking 30 pounds heavier. I think it still shows a little curve. I hate strapless clothes, because they just never fit right. That's why the sort of 'shawl' which is draped over her shoulder, is attached to the back of the dress, which gives it the security of not falling down and showing your boobs around.
The dress is really elegant and to match it I gave her little gloves made of lace. If this dress actually existed and I saw it while (online) shopping, I'd buy it without a single doubt.


So there you have it. My own little collection of clothes I can only dream of! Let me know what you dream of! 

Much love, Yasmae.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write down that opinion, whoooo!